LICTON SPRINGS COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Meeting Date/Time: March 17 2021 6:30-7:40 P.M.
These meeting minutes were approved at the April 2021 meeting.
- Online meeting by Zoom due to Coronavirus restrictions
- Directors present: Janice Lichtenwaldt, Lindsey Webb, Melanie Davies, Liz Kearns, Bekah Gautrowski, Michael Cuadra, and Kathleen Braden
- Business Representatives present: Bob Blade (Salt Blade)
- Attendees: Joy McEldery, Dianne Trani, Matt Gautrowski, Osbaldo Hernandez
Introductions and House-Keeping
- Janice started the meeting at 6:35 and welcomed everyone.
- Minutes of Feb. 17 2021 were approved as circulated. Treasurer’s Report was approved (attached below). Liz noted that the Parks’ tools fund is specially designated.
- Osbaldo noted he is now on the City’s team to coordinate vaccinations, especially for the Lumen field site, but that he hopes there will be special sites for North Seattle in the future. He will be reaching out to LSCC and other neighborhood groups for help in getting the word out and getting people registered.
- Other attendees introduced themselves and noted some issues of interest, including homeless population in the area and property crime.
Nominations for the Board of Directors
- The group discussed the need to update by-laws, including on the election of Board members and officers. M/S/A to suspend the by-laws re:voting process and allow a verbal vote both for nominations at this meeting and elections at April 21 meeting.
- Nominations approved for Board of Directors (to be voted on at April meeting)
- For two year terms to 2023: Ellen Beck, Kathleen Braden, Mike Cuadra, Bekah Gautrowski, Janice Lichtenwaldt, Lindsey Webb, Bob Blade.
- For one year term to 2022: Liz Kearns, Melanie Davies.
Updates to ongoing committee and council work
- Janice will continue outreach to Amanda and Tim re:coordinating with Matt on the website for the Council.
- Melanie will be attending the Aurora Reimagined Coalition meeting upcoming.
- Kathleen reported on the Community Roots zoom meeting re housing at the Northgate Area (link: https://communityrootshousing.org/2021/02/northgate_tod_give_input/) .
- Mike reported on NPAC meeting and plans for housing at North Seattle College, something in very early planning stages.
Additional Agenda Items
- Bob noted that unhoused populations may be able to receive the government stimulus money okayed from federal government via debit card if they do not have bank accounts.
Minutes by Kathleen Braden, Secretary
Next meeting: April 21
Licton Springs Community Council Monthly Treasurer Report
1/23/2021 through 3/15/2021
|Date||Line Item||Transaction Amount||Bank Balance|
|01/23/2021||Beginning Bank Balance||$0.00||$6,494.04|
|01/30/2021||Donation from Kroger||$3.09||$6,497.13|
|02/03/2021||Grant for LSPark tools deposited by Liz Kearns||$1,650.00||$8,147.13|
|Fund Type||Fund Amount|
|Funds for Licton Springs Community Council||4,469.05|
|Dedicated Funds for Licton Springs Park||$3,678.08|
|TOTAL Combined Funds||$8,147.13|
We received an email from Fred Meyer on 4/28/2020 of .44 donation, but this has not reached our Verity account and will not until it reaches $25.00.